- This event has passed.
Venture Capital Perspectives: How to Fund your Robotic Innovation (TF Funding Webinar Series)
5 April 2022 @ 15:00 - 16:00 CEST
By Chrysalix Venture Capital
- Chrysalix Venture Capital, a global technology venture capital firm that specializes in transformational industrial innovation, has invested nearly $100M USD fund through its Chrysalix RoboValley Fund, focusing in early-stage companies across the globe that are developing technologies in intelligent systems, resource productivity and environmental solutions for resource intensive industries such as energy, mining, mobility, construction, chemicals and materials, and manufacturing.
- In this webinar, Dr. Alfred Lam (Partner at Chrysalix Venture Capital) will share the perspective & insight from venture capitalists’ point-of-view, on what investors look for when they consider investing in an early-stage start-up.
- Chrysalix Venture Capital has made a seed investment in Applied Impact Robotics, one of SPRINT Robotics associate participant which is a Washington, DC-based developer of an automated inspection solution for capital-intensive infrastructure.
Speaker: Dr. Alfred Lam – Partner at Chrysalix VC
- Alfred is an innovator, company builder and investor. He has more than 10 years R&D experience; co-founded and incubated Mangrove Lithium, a spin-off from the University of British Columbia; and has been with Chrysalix since 2012.
- Alfred is instrumental in the development of investment theses, deal sourcing, due diligence, and portfolio and fund management. He is currently focused on investments that enable the circularity, electrification and decarbonization of large industrial sectors.
- Alfred holds a number of Board positions and is actively involved with Chrysalix investments in Feasible Inc., Sortera Alloys and Applied Impact Robotics.
- Alfred has a PhD in Chemical & Biological Engineering from the University of British Columbia and a BASc in Chemical Engineering from the University of Waterloo.